What Does a Field Inspector Do?
When a mortgage loan becomes delinquent the bank or mortgage company is required to send someone to the property to take photos and determine if the property is occupied or vacant and determine the general condition of the property.
Except when an interior inspection is required, a field inspector conducts an exterior inspection of the property to determine:
- The occupancy status
- The condition of the property
- If there is any deterioration, or vandalism
- If the property has been abandoned
- If the property is listed for sale
- If there are obvious environmental hazards
- If there is deferred maintenance
- If there are health and safety problems
- If visible asset preservation is needed